So you’re getting married?
This is such a special time in life, a time to remember forever. Thinking of getting married in the “BEAUTIFUL SHUSWAP”? What a great choice!
If it’s a mountain, beach, park, houseboat or a waterfall background you are looking for, you have found the right area. The Shuswap is the perfect setting for a magical, memorable wedding extravaganza. Let your mind wonder; there are no limits to the imagination.
- Where can I get married? Indoors? Outdoors?
- What Churches or Halls are in the area? Area? Capacity?
- Are there any Marriage Commissioners? Location?
- Where can everyone stay that is close by? What city or town?
- Are there any caterers in the Shuswap? Have you chosen a menu/theme?
- Where can I rent tables, chairs and other wedding things?
- Where can I get a cake? Do you know the style?
- Are there any photographers in the area?
- Are there any salons, spas in the Shuswap?
- What about Entertainment?
- What do I need to get married? This check list is always good!
For every little detail, the Shuswap has it all! Click here to download our wedding check list! Let’s make this your special day to remember!
Malakwa Hall 250-836-4509, Capacity 156
Swansea Point Fire Hall 250-836-2599, Capacity 85
The Red Barn 250-836-3671, Capacity 100
Royal Canadian Legion 250-836-2224, Capacity 180
Seniors Activity Center 250-836-2446, Capacity 180
Sicamous & District Rec Centre 250-836-2283, Capacity 214
Our Lady of Fatima Hall 250-836-2391, Capacity 180
Bethel Pentecostal Assembly 250-836-3388
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witness 250-836-4152
Malakwa Gospel Church 250-836-2131
Sicamous Bible Church 250-836-4243
Sicamous United Church 250-836-4390
Call for further information in Sicamous and the surrounding areas of the Shuswap:
Chase 250-679-8432 Fax: 250-679-3120 firstname.lastname@example.org
North Shuswap 1-888-955-1488 Fax: 250-955-2113 email@example.com
Salmon Arm 250-832-6247 Fax: 250-832-8382 Toll free: 1-877-725-6667 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sicamous 250-836-3313 Fax: 250-836-4368 Toll free: 1-866-205-4055 email@example.com
Sorrento 250-675-3515 Fax: 250-675-3516 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marriage Commissioner Fees
A base civil ceremony includes one hour for ceremony preparation, meeting with the couple, rehearsal, travel time, and performing the ceremony.
Base Civil Ceremony: $75.00 + $3.75 GST = $78.75 Total
Marriage commissioners are permitted to charge additional fees for the following:
- time spent over the one hour included in the base civil ceremony: $25/hour billed in 15-minute increments;
- mileage (distance travelled to the marriage ceremony): $0.52/km; and
- parking or ferry costs (if applicable).
Marriage commissioners ask for fees and provide a receipt before the marriage ceremony to avoid interruptions before or after the ceremony. However, the couple getting married is responsible for any additional costs incurred by last minute changes.
Note: Vital Statistics does not authorize marriage commissioners to provide wedding planning, or consultation services.
850A-16th Street, NE| Box 100 Salmon Arm, BC
Cost of license: $100.00 (NO GST) Note: Once purchased license is good for 90 days